Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One Ingredient at a Time...

Hello everyone! I didn't realize it had been so long since I last updated on our stay here in Arizona. I'm imagining that those of you back in Tennessee are enjoying chilly weather and the beautiful colors that this season has to offer each year. Everything from falling leaves to smells in the air are delightful during a Tennessee Fall. Someone will have to go out of their way while walking to crunch a few extra leaves for me. : )

Fall being our favorite time of year, Michael and I have been trying to enjoy it as much as possible through adding a little pumpkin flavoring to coffee and treats. Here's a few pictures of the pumpkin roll we made together....

Pumpkin flavoring has spiced up our Fall a little bit, but beaming sunshine on a daily basis makes it feel more like summertime. The ten day forecast here in Scottsdale appears to be a song on repeat with highs ranging from 88-91 and "chilly" nights in the 60's... not too shabby for late October!

My birthday is this Saturday, and it is very hard to believe this time of year is already here. A birthday in Arizona will provide a different tune than ever before- as I wear a sundress and bask in the heat, rather than sporting around my favorite scarf like normal. Michael and I are both longing to see the Grand Canyon (being so close and all- it would be a real shame not to), so this weekend we have planned an overnight adventure to celebrate me turning 24.
I plan to take LOTS of pictures, so stay tuned.

Happy Fall Everyone....Miss and Love You All!


BLESSiNGS,
Jaclyn McKenry ; )

2 comments:

Granny said...

Hey,I love the look of your punkin roll.You all should make and sale those, a good one here is about $32.HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS.M. I hope you all enjoy your weekend.Take care,we miss you too and God BLess, Bobbye Carol

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious, you will have to make me one when you return to Tennessee.
I hope you have a GREAT birthday and enjoy your trip to the Grand Canyon.
I love & miss you, very much,
Mom